Week 29 - Rain, Wind, and Tornadoes

THIS WEEK WAS MADNESS!!! I have 3 words to explain my week, rain, wind, and tornadoes. That's literally all that happened this week. Fun fact about the portuguese people, if its raining they dont go outside, or open their door. It stinks! haha!

Alright, it's storytime. So this week like I said it was super windy, which isn't the best for sister missionaries with skirts but we were walking down the street and a gust of wind blew my skirt up (side note, I ran out of tights and Europe doesn't have tights long enough for me) and I quickly put it back down but not quick enough because an old man walked up to me and said "I saw your underwear" so that was bad! hahaha!

Next. so I love Sister Ogden and I know she loves me because she has a tendency to wake up in the night when I'm rolling over and she'll ask me if I'm ok. hahaha! But this week I rolled over in my sleep and I noticed a light in the room. She had the phone on so she noticed me rolling over and she goes "Sister we have to get up we slept in. It's 7:24 am we need to go!" And she's like out of her bed getting ready for the day and I'm laying there like, seriously, already?? And I asked, "Sister are you sure? And she goes "I don't know, I can't even read the phone, but I think it says 7:24 so hurry!" And I go "hold on let me see." I look at the phone and it said 1:24! hahaha! I was so mad, I said "Sister its 1am! Go back to bed!" hahahaha! We had a good laugh in the morning!!

I want to give a quick reminder to everyone about service. In Mosiah 18 we read that "when we are in the service of our fellow men, we are only in the service of our God", or how I like to explain it, when we are serving others, we are showing God that we love him. I know that if we truly love God, we will do everything we can to show him we love him, actions speak much louder than words, and we can start by keeping his commandments and serving/loving our neighbor. This week I want to invite you to serve one of God's children like they are a friend or family, whether it's giving them a call on the phone, or dropping of a treat, I know that we will always be blessed when we serve others and we will always be compensated for our time and energy!

I love you all! Serve one another and strive to be like him!!!​

Love, 
Sister Delgado


Comments

Popular Posts