Week 24 - Stop Being Ugly
Friends, Family, Lola...
SISTER OGDEN AND I ARE STAYING TOGETHER THIS NEXT TRANSFER AND I'M NO LONGER A GREENIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So, if you can't tell I'm extremely excited about a lot of things going on here. This transfer is going to be a straight RIOT! We have a lot of goals to hit the ground running this transfer and baptize. I just love Portugal even more everyday. It´s always an adventure with Sister Ogden, and the Village will live in here in Portugal!!!
That´s probably one of the most exciting things that happened this week!
This week I've learned some valuable lessons. The one that I feel is most important is don't pray to God and ask for something unless you're ready to get an answer because ohhhhh baby he will answer haha! Let me expound a little bit. While being a missionary, Preach My Gospel encourages us to try and develop Christlike attributes. Well, I decided to start praying to develop the Christlike attribute of humility. Keep this in mind ok? This week we started working in a neighborhood called Bom João. This neighborhood is literally uphill (and when I say hill I mean a paved mountain) both ways and it always seems to be extremely cold or extremely hot every time we go there and it's a good thirty minutes one way. Anyways, we ended up walking that path probably 20 times this week and probably 5 times in one day... that day I almost called it quits. I couldn't even move by the time we got home hahahaha! So I was like, all right, Heavenly Father, I see you, this is how you are humbling me! haha! But besides this I've learned some more stuff...
So just about everyday I look in the mirror and I just stare at myself and think how they heck am I in Portugal right now? And let me tell you all I just sit there and think about how ugly my hair is and my face and my clothes and I'm fatter than ever and whiter than ever and oh my goodness I miss you all but I'm so glad you don't have to see me like this. haha! I always think about how I was so much prettier before my mission. I was skinnier I had time to do my hair my make up and get my eyebrows done go to the gym, but I realized something really important this week. Before the mission I WAS SO UGLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My spirit, my personality, my relationship with my Heavenly Father, how I treated other people and how selfish I was, I was so freaking ugly, and right now I am literally prettier than I've ever been in my life even with frizzy hair, cankles, and the same clothes I've been using for the past 6 months. I encourage you all to look at the things on the inside that are making you ugly without you even realizing it, because I know everyone one of us has at least something and in someway can improve. We can always improve thanks to our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
So I guess my message to you this week is STOP BEING UGLY! haha! ok I'm done! I love you guys! Stay cool!
Love,
Sister Delgado
Comments
Post a Comment