WEEK 16 - Frozen Fishsticks

Hi Everyone!

This week was just average nothing extraordinary happened but we had kind of a miricle happen. We were standing on the street trying to decide what to do next and then a man walked up to us and says, "what do i need to do to be saved" and we were like "well we will tell you" and we've been having lessons with him. He's getting baptized this up coming Saturday! yay!!! 

We had exchanges this week in Miratejo and I was with sister Anderson who speaks english and i was in heaven! She's a transfer ahead of me so she was giving me advice and we were comparing all the emotions we have. It was great, but we ate dinner at a members house and it was so strange. Spagehtti w corn beans and hotdogs mixed in... ugh. Speaking of interesting food, someone else fed us HALF FROZEN FISH STICKS AND POTATOES. OH MY... also a walmart would  do so well here just saying. haha 

We were at a members house and the lady motions for me to sit in this chair so i do and then she starts brushing my hair and then starts putting it in two really tight french braids..... THEN they took us out to dinner at this bar that was packed because porto was playing and I was so embarrassed hahaha 

One of our friends came home from a trip to america and brought me back Reese's and PopTarts so i was super happy! also i got Kaelie's wedding invite!!!! ugh i started crying!!!! but ill be fine! maybe... 

I'm doing good here. I'll probably be in this area here called Baxia da Banheira till March so I'm a little down about that but it will give me enough time here to prove to the members that I'm not an idiot and ill be able to speak Portuguese !! haha I am seeing improvement in my language just it's not as good as I'd like it to be!

Well, I love you all. You're awesome!



Comments

Popular Posts