Week 9 - I Love Rejection
What I have learned this week is that rejection and doors getting slammed in my face really builds character. Needless to say, this has been a wonderful week.
Monday: I had a lovely p day last week and got to go up to Logan and do some shopping. My comp hadn't been shopping in 5 months so it was a must, poor girl. I GOT CHICK FIL A and I was so happy. ahhhhh. After that once p day ended we had a lesson with an elderly lady for "fhe", she's super nice, and we showed her this video about overcoming trials and it was just really sad and she was telling us how sometimes she wishes her mom was still alive and as she was speaking I got so sad and started crying and the biggest tear FELL on my wind breaker and made the loudest noise hahaha and the lady looks at me and goes are you ok and I was like yeah I really wish I could be with my mom too and she was like awe did she pass away and I was like uh no I just miss her and she was like oh and continued on with her story hahahaha so now she thinks I'm a baby lol
Tuesday: we had interviews with our Mission President, he's so awesome. I walked into my interview and I sit down and I don't say anything and he just looks at me and he goes, you're having a hard time being here huh? And I was just like yeahhhhh hahaha he just knows everything, he's got those Holy Ghost superpowers. But in the nicest way possible he told me to suck it up. What I've learned here is that the missionaries and leaders in this mission do not feel sorry for me at all that I'm waiting for my visa here, so yay love it here haha later we went with some elders in our zone to do service at a senior center, and we washed pumpkins for them.... I've never washed a pumpkin or in our case 30 pumpkins so that was fun lol we also went to mutual with one of our investigators and it was so fun!
Wednesday: not much happened we had a stake correlation meeting and some lessons with investigators but for the most part it was just us walking around getting doors slammed in our faces! OHHHH we went to the trailer park in our area! I don't think I've ever been to a trailer park it was so scary hahaha we did not look like we belonged there with our put together outfits and sister Vincent's Coach purse haha I thought we were going to get kidnapped. I've also never seen so many stray cats. There was also this mean dog that would run up and growl and bark at us and I was like sister Vincent if this dog bites me I'm going to kick it. Luckily for the dog it didn't attack.
Thursday: we got to go up to Logan again bc sister Vincent had an appointment up there, during her appointment I just chilled in this random conference room and watched On the Lord's Errand, that documentary on Thomas S. Monson. It was super good! And after the senior couple that drove us up there took us to Kneaders!!! It was so delicious! I had some meat again in my week. I hate being this temporary vegetarian... If it's not making my comp lose weight It's def making me lose weight so it's whatever.
Friday: Honestly not sure what happened, Friday seems like a month ago, it was probably good, and we probably just knocked doors and got rejected, one lady we knocked on her door 3 times and she yelled at us and told us we were bugging her so that was cool haha we also had a cat that was following us around my comp named him some random name from like Lord of the Rings I don't even know. She's read a lot of books.
Saturday: coldest day of my life. We did our weekly planning from 10-12 and then 2-3:30. I hate weekly planning cause it's so boring and it takes so long and at the end we have to do comp inventory where we have to tell each other everything we love about each other and how we can better ourselves and you know how much I hate positive feedback so it makes me cringe.... I could probably live the rest of my life without receiving positive feedback and be fine. It's just so awkward hahaha but later for dinner we went to this mexican restaurant called El Torro Viejo and it's so good and a nice person paid for our meal which was so kind!
Sunday: longest day of my life. I went to church at 9 sat through 3 sacrament meetings only FELL asleep in one lol went to 3 ward councils, I hoped a fence in a skirt to take a short cut to pick up an investigator to walk to church. It was a long day and apparently a long week because the relief society president in one of the wards pulled me aside and said sister Delgado are you ok? And I was like yeah I'm fine, and she goes you just look really tired and don't seem as vibrant as usual haha I love her but yes I guess that day I looked tired and less vibrant oh well. I am tired hahahahaha and going crazy probably but it's all good I'm loving the grind.
I'm so happy it's p day, it's been a long hard week. I was sick a few nights and had to take Nyquil and boy let me tell ya, it's hard to take Nyquil at 10 and wake up at 6:30. That was a big mistake. Hahaha im tired. I've been tired for the past 2 months and will be tired for the next 16 I love it. This is a grind. My patience is constantly being tested. It's good though. Please pray for my visa. I need it to come. It's getting colder here and I don't like wearing winter clothes bc it just look frumpy and gross so I don't want to spend money buying stuff I'm going to leave behind in 3 weeks. Just please pray my visa comes this transfer. I'm really frustrated right now bc this comp of mine keeps trying to get me to memorize stuff in English that I've already memorized in Portuguese and I just wanna shake her and say no hahahaha but I can't or she would probably cry. So pray for my Portuguese too bc it's slowly drifting away or at least it feels that way.
Thanks for all the love and support I get. I would love to get any letters or emails from you! I miss you all thanks for being such great supporters! I love you!
Com Amor,
Sister Delgado


Comments
Post a Comment