Week 8 - Miracles and Trials

Hey Y'all! This week has be straight chaos. So much has gone on, and I've gotten sick, so it's been tough to get a restful night of sleep. I've wondered when will I ever get caught up on sleep, and my companion assured me that won't happen till 16 months from now. Yay hahaha so a lot of you saw my Facebook post about my weektism! Haha it was probably the strangest thing that's ever happened. We met Wendy Monday night during tracting when we knocked a random door and found out that the Lord has been preparing her for years and she was ready for baptism. Her husband was a member and she has read the book of Mormon, been going to church, and after watching conference she was assured that this was the true church and she needed to be baptized. We taught her all the lessons in two days and she was baptized on Wednesday. That was the highlight of the week. Thursday we had a Zone meeting and were trained by our zone leaders on unity, teaching, and falling in love with the grind of missionary work. I'm trying to fall in love with the grind haha missionary work is definitely hard work and the hardest thing I've done this far in minha vida. This week I have felt like I am in the refiners fire just being shaped and molded into what I need to be. Our baptism pumped us up so much but as soon as that was over, a bunch of lessons cancelled on us, none of our investigators on date for baptism came to church today, an old man came up to us at Arby's and told us the church wasn't true and threw a bunch of anti stuff at us, and we have seen more than enough rejection while knocking doors. The gates of hell have either just opened up or we are in the middle of being chastened to understand how blessed we are to have had a baptism in our first week here. 
Everyday during my 30 mins of language study, I pray for opportunities to be able to use my Portuguese throughout the day. My prayers have been answered, the only problem is I'm practicing my Portuguese on spanish speakers and they have no clue what I'm saying hahaha the moment the words "tú hablas enspañol?" Comes out of my mouth, they start speaking crazy fast spanish to me, because my looks and last name say that I speak Spanish but little do they know, I'm about as American and English as it gets haha. I have to hurry and say "não, não, lo siento, eu fallo português!" Haha but the best part about it is my comp has no clue that I don't understand them and so when they're talking she's like what are they saying? And I'm like oh they want to know more about the church and she's like no way and I'm like yeah we should hand them off to the hermanas and she'll write down their number and give it to the Spanish speaker and they accept it all confused and we walk away hahaha so yeah she basically thinks I'm a spanish super star LOL
I only have 3 more p days left after today in Brigham City UT. Thank gosh. Like this is great and all but it's not Portugal, and all my linen skirts and light cardigans aren't super warm as the temperatures are dropping. If you all could pray for Sister Vincent, I love her to death, we have a lot in common, but she's having some anxiety issues, which it's kinda hard having her train me when I'm reassuring her that everything is ok. So yeah, I'm learning lots of life skills here on the mission. I've also learned how to make a family pack of Oreos last longer than just 2 days haha it's funny so Sister Vincent thinks she needs to lose weight, so she'll either not eat at meals or just have an apple (I'm slightly concerned) AND she has told all our dinner appointments that we are vegetarian bc she is, so I haven't had meat in like a week, so saturday we were walking by Arby's and I made her go in there with me, I've literally been deprived of nutrients haha so I was like gimme those curly fries and a roast beef sandwich hahaha Yeah but pretty sure if I eat one more vegetarian meal I might kill someone... anyways this place is still lit and can't wait to hit up Portugal. 
Eu amo voces<3
Com Amor,
Sister Delgado 



Comments

Popular Posts