Week 7 - Brigham City is LIT

Hello everyone!! 

This week has been so awesome, I am loving the mission field even though it's in Brigham City Utah. hahaha My thoughts are going to be so scattered in this email, so try to follow along. 

Tuesday- So on Monday just about everyone in our zone left for their assigned missions, or they reassigned missions, and that left 8 of us at the MTC. I was the only one in my district so my teacher had a private lesson with me haha. Since Sister Millar got to leave on Monday I was in a trio with Sister Jackson and Sister Stone whom I adore. Anyways, so it was a fun last couple days at the MTC. 

Wednesday- This day was absolutely nuts. At 10 am we drove up to Brigham City in this 15 passenger van and when we got to the lovely Chevron Pilot of Brigham City we were dropped off and our Mission presidency came and picked us up there was about 30 of us. They took us to the Logan Temple which was a beaut and then we went to the mission office to receive instruction and get supplies AND WE ALL GOT A FREE QUILT HAND STITCHED!!!!! IT'S BEAUTIFUL I LOVE IT. So that was really exciting. After 3 hours of learning about this mission, we went to the Mission home and had dinner and it was so good, it was like a cafe Rio lasagna if that makes any sense. After that we got to all go to a baptism which was special. After that we went back to the mission home and spent the night there. Sister Ngalu and Sister Jackson and I shared a room and just sat there going what in the world have we gotten our selves into... but all was well bc my bed was sooooooooo comfy. I'm coming to find out that it's the little things in life that make me happy, like food, a nice bed, and a clean house....... we'll get more into that.

Thursday- so this was the biiiiiiigggg dayyyy. It was when I was placed with my new companion Sister Vincent from Santa Clarita, California who I love and I'm not sure a companion ship could get much better than this. She is so kind, fashionable, funny, and normal!!!!! And she's such a good missionary and trainer. My six weeks here in Logan might not be all that bad. We were assigned to the Brigham City South 2 area. So we found out that #1 we don't have a car in this area (bummer bc it's cold and I have Portugal clothes but bonus bc it's about time I lose this MTC weight) #2 we are white washing the area which means the last two elders who were here both left the area and we are starting fresh so we know nothing. But this is actually a good thing bc even though Elders are great and you gotta love them, there's just something about sisters ;) #3 WE LIVE IN A MORTUARY OWNERS BASEMENT AHHHHHH jk we're really grateful to live here and they are such nice people hahaha but he does see dead people....we had dinner with a family in one of the 3 wards we cover the mountain vjew ward and we met with the relief society president of that ward who I have fallen in love with! She and her husband and her house remind me of Brett and Barb Smith!!! So funny! After that we met with a ward mission leader who I was expecting to be like dad but he was a very dry, boring, weird old man. Bless his heart we've come to find out that the ward he's in - the 19th ward they haven't had good experiences w the elders so we are working on gaining their trust.

Friday- this was my first full day in the field. Such a rush. We woke up got ready did some studies and then went out teaching and preaching and doing what missionaries do. Lol my very first street contact goes as follows.... "Hi we are the Sister missionaries from the church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints! I'm Sister Delgado and this is Sister Vincent how are you doing?" A very rough looking man standing next to his female neighbor says "sorry if you don't mind we were in the middle of something I'm trying to hook up w my neighbor" I low-key wanted to die hahahahahahaha we walked around most of the day contacting people which was way fun and we had a few referrals but they don't seem to promising. We had dinner that night w a member then we went and met w one of the referrals which was an inactive man and his less active wife and they basically told us they want the discussions and know they need to go to church and I just blurted out "sooo you wanna be baptized?" They were a lil confused but said we could come back and teach them hahaha. 

Saturday- this was a great day, we got to watch conference in the morning and we got a text from a member saying hey we have pulled pork sandwiches in between sessions and you can watch the the afternoon session with us so as you all know me, there's no way that I could pass up a pulled pork sandwich turns out I should have. We get to their house and they were half way to hoarders and the pulled pork didn't look good, taste very good, and then they had the ugliest dog ever AND then THEY ALL FELL ASLEEP..... It was so awful and they were like come back tomorrow and we were like yeah no. Anyways, we met w another ward mission leader who was great and had dinner at the grovers who are like the smiths and I just love them. After that we went knocking AND GAINED TWO NEW INVESTIGATORS 

Sunday- we got to watch conference all day in our house which was just so uplifting and wonderful. It was sad to hear about Elder Hales but we know he's in a much better place. After conference we met w our stake president who has not one, not two, not three, but FOUR MINIATURE SCHNAUZERS AND TWO ARE PUPPIES. They were so cute. He gave us super useful info on the ward and expressed to us that the 19th ward isn't very active in missionary work so that will be a struggle. Then we had dinner w a cute family in our ward. After we went knocking on doors and we got yelled at a bit, we passed out a book of Mormon and got a return appointment, AND we met w a less active family who wants to get reactivated and they have an unbaptized 9 yeah old so we are reteaching the family AND I GOT TO INVITE HER TO BAPTISM AND SHE SAID YES SHE'S GETTING BAPTIZED OCTOBER 21ST I'M SO HAPPY!!!! This is such an awesome work and I'm so happy to be doing this! I'm so glad it's p-day (preparation day) bc I'm already exhausted and it hasn't even been a full week, but hopefully that will make these next 6 weeks fly and I'll be off to Portugal!!! I love you fam you're the best. Also I encourage you all to read 3 Nephi 12, it's a powerful chapter, and then see how you can apply it to your life, cause I know it will bless you<3 Ok xx



Comments

Popular Posts