Week 11- Deviled Eggs and Meeting an Apostle!
Hello everyone!
So something funny happened this week. So as we all know, Sister Vincent is vegetarian, bless her heart, and so we have to text all our dinner appointments that she's vegetarian. So this one old lady we were having dinner with we text her and tell her that and she goes oh ok, can she have chicken? And were like umm no haha and so then she asks ok can she have eggs? And sister Vincent hates eggs (yeah this has been a weird transfer) and so we were like yeah mixed into things she can have eggs. So we go to this appointment and its with this old lady and her adult daughter who used to be a truck driver (hopefully you all have the same image in your head) so we sit down and the old lady places 12 deviled eggs in front of sister Vincent and says I made these just for you so you can have some protein and sister Vincent's face was hilarious she just sat there looking at this lady with the what is wrong with you but I'm going to keep smiling face. So I was put in a very uncomfortable position. Here I have my comp who is probably going to cry and throw up if she eats these eggs and then there's this old lady that keeps asking her why she's not eating the eggs and will get offended if no one eats the eggs, so I start eating the eggs. I just casually took a few and then a few more and slowly ate 11 of the 12 eggs, then as I'm grabbing the last egg, they go wow sister Delgado you really like those but those were for sister Vincent and as soon as they said that I shoved the last one in my mouth and with a single tear rolling down my cheek i said sorry I just really liked them! Have you ever had a deviled egg with too much mayonnaise and pickles mixed in? I really didn't know you could mess up a deviled egg, but there I was with 12 deviled eggs in my stomach about to explode. So we cut the dinner 30 minutes short and ran to the closest church building :)
It's been a rough week with Sister Vincent's health. She can't eat, sleep, or function. It's really sad. She may be going home at the end of this transfer because she can't get better. She has frequent panic attacks and a lot of the time we have to come home early because she can't continue working. So it's been really hard because there's only so much I can do for her. For example, she couldn't sleep so I gave her NyQuil and melatonin and she still couldn't sleep.
SATURDAY I GOT TO SHAKE ELDER DALLIN H OAKS' HAND!!!!!!!! OMGosh!!!!! It was so awesome! All the missionaries got to meet Elder Oaks, we took a mission picture with him, and he spoke to us for an hour! It was incredible. He may be my fav apostle! He's so cute! He told a story about this one time he was at a stake conference and at the end this little girl gave him a letter, he said the letter was filled with a bunch of compliments like a ten year old would give and at the bottom she drew a picture of him and next to the picture it said "I know you're an apostle because you are clean and your head is shiney" hahahaha everyone died! But Elder Oaks is such a great guy! I got to see Sister Jackson and Sister Ngalu again! We will get to go to the temple Together with our Mission President and his wife. We will be going to the Logan Temple, and then I should be getting my flight plans sometime this week. The mission office here has talked to the missionary travel department in salt lake and they said they got my visa and I'm leaving on the 6th, but they are still trying to find the best flight plans. Sunday night I'll get to sleep at the mission home with Sister Ngalu and sister Jackson so that will be fun. Not much else is going on here. I'm just so excited to go to Portugal! I don't think I could have made it through this transfer without my Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. They've been there the whole way and have lifted me up when I've been down. I love you all!
Love,
Sister Delgado
Ps. MY LEFT STROKE JUST WENT VIRAL jk but my video on Facebook did. Jk again but seriously haha

This is so funny 😆....i read it to the Geeps...I’m making you some deviled eggs when I see you again...lots of mayo and pickles 🤣...love you ...Nanny 😘
ReplyDelete