Week 10 - Overalls and Chili Judging
Alright Alright! We're at week 10 and things are going good! This week went by super fast and I'm hoping the next 2 weeks blow by so I can get to Portugal!!!
Monday: so I just did p day things, went to zone sports and had a blast playing speed ball, which I believe is my calling in life cause I wrecked at it. Then that night we started an exchange, so Sister Vincent went up to USU campus for 24 hours to be trained by her sister training leader and her STL's companion Sister Hatch came down here to be with me.
Tuesday: I spent the day with Sister Hatch. I love her, she's so awesome! She's from Gilbert Arizona and just the coolest. We had a great day, we went to the trailer park and played some basketball with little kids, then we went to Arby's and got double roast beef sandwiches, we taught some lessons, this old couple took us out to dinner at Idle Isle? Anyone heard of that? It's the 3rd oldest restaurant in Utah haha I was also talking to her about my companion's struggles and she advised me to call and involve our Mission President so I did. And then later that night we switched back companionships.
Wednesday: In the middle of our planning at 8:30 am our Mission President called and said I'm at your house please come outside and hop in our car and we'll go to a church building so I can meet with Sister Vincent. So we hurried and got in his car with him and his wife and went to a church and they went in and talked for two hours while I sat and chatted with his wife. But basically things aren't going too super good with Sister Vincent. Please keep her in your prayers.
After that our day went pretty normal.
Thursday: Sister Vincent had an appointment up in Logan so we spent a good chunk of our day up there, the cutest young married lady in one of our wards drove us and took us to lunch at Kneaders and then while Sister Vincent was in her appointment, she and I just talked and waited. It was fun, but Sister Vincent said if she doesn't get better she'll be going home in a month. After that we had a few lessons and a dinner appointment with the stake mission leader and we had vegetarian lasagna... haha it was sauce cheese and noodles. Ok.
Friday: MISSION CONFERENCE!!!! Ok it was so fun. These men made a new Joseph Smith movie so we heard them talk for a while then we watched the movie which was really good, then we ate lunch. This week has been hard because two times in a row I have had chili and most of you know that's probably my least fav food but you know Mormons when it gets cold and close to Halloween we eat chili. But this conf was so awesome bc I got to see Sister Jackson and Sister Ngalu!!! I love them. We all were almost in tears when we saw each other. After that we sat in a training and then.... they made me get a flu shot... Ugh. But I ended up ok,after the conference was over I had to start an exchange with my STL Sister Williams and went to her area of Nibley, Utah. So Sister Williams is a unique lady. Bless her heart. She's been out for 17 months and is a little trunky.
Saturday: I woke up in Nibley and wanted to die. Hahaha so that day we did the normal routine of personal study, comp study, language study and then the night before we found a service opportunity to lay sod for some members, but I didn't have clothes to do that so Sister Williams says, "oh you can wear my overalls they'll fit you". So I was like alright, I put on her overalls and they did not fit hahaha so I'm like a size 4-6, these overalls were size 14-16. I looked like I stepped out of the Hannah Montana movie when she goes back to Tennessee with my hair and make up done and my rain boots and these overalls hahaha so we go to the service and turns out I'm pretty good at laying sod so hit me up. The members we worked with were so kind. Ok later around 3 we switched companions back thanks goodness and later that night sister Vincent and I went to a family Halloween party for a chili cook off and guess who had to be a judge.... me...ugh I hate chili lol! So I had to try 8 different chilies and wanted to die bc it was literally people's experiments of throwing half their kitchen pantry in a pot and boiling it.
Sunday: We couldn't find a ride to our 7:30 am ward council so that was awesome but we had 9 am church then at the 11 am sacrament meeting we had to speak... which was awful. We had to speak on trusting in the Lord. So I'm like 19 and know nothing about life and I needed a topic like Faith or repentance or like discipleship, but this topic was kinda out of my league but I gave it my best shot. I think I did pretty good, I made the congregation laugh and I bore my testimony in Portuguese! Other than sitting through 9 hours of church it was a pretty good day.
Now here we are back to Monday and after today I only have one more p day here in Brigham City. Then I'll be in Portugal!! I hope you all had a good week and thank you for all your emails!! I appreciate them, they make me less lonely!! Haha. I love you all, you're the bes!t Email me and tell me how your all doing!
Love,
Sister Delgado


Comments
Post a Comment