Week 5 - I Have One Week Left In The MTC

Bom Dia Amigos!!!
  This week went so fast again!!! I can't even believe I am starting my 6th week here at the MTC and that I will be leaving 1 WEEK FROM TODAY! I swear i got here yesterday haha it nuts. So yes this week I got my flight plans, I'm scheduled to Leave the MTC at 10 am Monday the 25th  and fly out of SLC to Amsterdam at 2 pm and land at like 8:30 am and then fly from Amsterdam to Lisboa and land there around 2:30 pm. I'm so stoked, but it doesn't even seem real. So usually I play sand volleyball during exercise time, but on Friday, i decided to play basketball with some sister and literally the first 3 seconds of me playing I like jammed/sprained my thumb?! like what the heck so I went to the trainer and she gave me ice and splinted it, but it was like fine the next day, so that was good. i played basketball on Saturday and wrecked the other sisters, so that's what's up. Since I'm the only one that knows how to play basketball, i was point gaurd and center hahaha There was one point last week that I forgot to mention that I learned a very valuable lesson. So you're not supposed to take food out of the cafeteria, but I always took a popsicle to go right/ so as im walking out with my popsicle one day I lick it and MY TONGUE GOT STUCK TO IT. I tried pulling it off and it wouldn't come off hahahaha so Sister Stone had to get water and rip it off!!!! It hurt so bad and i could see all my little taste buds on the popsicle :( ALSO shout out to my girl Leah Goode and coming to the temple yesterday to say Hi!!! best surprise EVER!!!!
   The Portuguese is coming along great. My brain is being beaten to death everday day, but I love it. I've been basically just learning grammer principles this past week, like past tense and futer tense and all sorts of random things that I don't even know in English... We teach 2 lessons everyday now and are starting to get a hang of not relying on notes and just relying on the spirit. Let the holy spirit guide am I right? lol sorry my jokes have gotten so much more stupid than they use to be :) This Tuesday we start In Field Orientation, whatever that is, and word on the street is we have another Apostle coming on Tuesday to speak to us. HOLLA. We got new sister in our zone this week, Sister Hansen and Sister Packer, theyre super sweet and ones going to Brazil and the other is going to Boston. AND Sister Packer is Boyd K. Packer's Great Granddaughter! how awesome? This week has been so great and Im ready for this next week to fly and jet set my way to PORTUGAL!!!!
   I have a lil spiritual thought for you all. I have found such great comfort and strength come though the scripture Helaman 5:12which reads:
And now, my sons, remember, remember that it is upon the rock of our Redeemer, who is Christ, the Son of God, that ye must build your foundationthat when the devil shall send forth his mighty winds, yea, his shafts in the whirlwind, yea, when all his hail and his mighty storm shall beat upon you, it shall have no power over yoto drag you down to the gulf of misery and endless wo, because of the rock upon which ye are built, which is sure foundation, foundation whereon if men build they cannot fall.
I love this scripture because I think it shows why us followers of Christ are so happy. If we continue to make Christ the center of our lives and make him our foundation, Satan's power won't be able to effect us and we will be able to find peace in this crazy world we are living in. I'm so grateful for the restored Gospel of Jesus Christ and the love that Christ had for all of us, that he was willing to come to this earth and atone for all our sins so that we could return to live with our Heavenly Father again though the power of repentance and baptism by the proper authority.
   I love you guys so much and Hope everyone is doing well! Thank you for all of the love and support I get from all of you!​​




Comments

Popular Posts