Week 3 - "You ain't a lady if you ain't 280!"

Hello!!!
    Well this week was like the same as last week but now its September and I only have 3 more weeks left here at the MTC! This week honestly was super boring, but thank you to all the wonderful people who have been sending me packages and letters i feel so blessed. I carry the zone record for most packages received in one day. #blessed This week I have been suffering with a super bad cold. The elder that sits right next to me has been coughing on me for a week straight and turns out he got the flu and was throwing up and now I have a cold, so hopefully it doesn't turn into the flu. Sister Millar and i have started teaching our investigators lessons in Portuguese with no notes. It's been truly magical to see how the spirit can work with all the information weve been practicing and studying. My companion still hates my guts, so pray for her and me that we can get through these next 3 weeks. We had a funny moment this week, we went out around the mtc and stopped people and taught them the plan on salvation in 30 seconds or less in portuguese and after we were talking to these elders they were asking us how long weve been here and sister millar goes, "Oh, Portugal" and the three of us looked at her like what? hahahaha it was so funny. and we laughed and then she went back to hating me. hahaha love this life. The food is still pretty gross but you know im just going with it. Im pretty sure ive gained 100 pounds being here so if someone wants to send me like something healthy that would be much appreciated! i was talking to this poly friend I've made here from new zealand and the sisters were all talking about how were gaining weight and he goes "Aye, you aint a lady, if you aint 280!" so that was probably the funniest thing ive heard in my life. AND yesterday me and sister stone (my new bff) were talking and she goes, im not longer a girl, im a missionary and I DIED!!!! we were laughing so hard. It's really fun here cause me and sister stone and sister jackson like to embarrass the elders, so we sing really loud and we've learned how to hand snap like they do in brazil, so we'll just sing and snap our hands and theyll get so embarrassed!! Theres also an Elder here that reminds me so much of Drew, he looks like him, is built like him, and is so sweet and funny like him hahaha and he told me that I remind him of his sister so we just call each other brother and sister now haha. what a guy. Basically i'm doing good. I miss you all but i know this is where i need to be. Also i took a nap yesterday and it was the best thing thats ever happened to me in my life.​

Love, 
Sister Delgado


Comments

Popular Posts